Uber TCPA Settlement
- Obtain more details in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Tomorrow Black-Brown, et. al. v. ergara, et al. v. Uber Technologies, Inc which is under review in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Proof of purchase must be provided in the form of a cell phone number
- All claim forms are due by 12/15/17
UberTCPASettlement.com is listed as Case No. 1:15-CV-06942. The UBER TCPA class action lawsuit is distributed pro rata which means that every class member who submits a valid claim will receive ab equal amount of the settlement pot. Speaking of settlement the judge in the case has approved a settlement pool worth ,000,000 (the amount of money any one class member receives will be based on how many people file claims).
Class members in the case claim that Uber engaged in violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. § 227 et seq. by sending automatic text message to consumers phones without their consent. Under denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid a long drawn out trial (and the unknown expense of such a trial).
- Any questions in regards to the settlement can be directed to 1-800-330-1683 (Toll-Free) or by mail: Uber TCPA Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 5053, Portland, OR 97208-5053
- Class members will be represented by Hassan A. Zavareei, Myles P. McGuire, Evan M. Meyers, and Paul T. Geske
- Ubder has hired the law firm of Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP to represent their interest
- Class members who want to be represented by their own lawyer will have to hire one at their own expense
UberTCPASettlement.com Important Dates
- 12/15/17: Deadline to file a claim
- 12/15/17: Deadline to exclude oneself from the lawsuit
- 12/22/17: Deadline to object to the settlement terms
- 1/23/18: Settlement fairness hearing (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the 20 million dollar settlement pie)