SunBiz Department of the State
- Allows US citizens to search for filings in the state of Florida made by corporations, limited liability companies, trademarks, fictitious name registrations, limited partnerships, general partnerships, and liens
- Most of the forms will provide images and can be downloaded for free
It should be noted that the Department of State Division of Corporations has three different addresses depending on the nature of business being conducted.
- For Judgment Lien Filings write to: P.O. Box 6250, Tallahassee, FL 32314
- For Corporate Filings please write to: PO Box 6327 ” ” ” “
- For the Clifton Building write to: 2661 Executive Center Circle, Tallahassee, FL 32301
SunBiz Department of the State online adds files the moment they are filed in the SunBiz database. Document requests made via US mail have an average turnaround time of 5 to 10 business days while documents requested online (paid via credit card) have an average turn around time of 24 to 48 hours. Business names cannot be reserved and are granted on a first come first serve basis.
Other SunBiz Services
- Users should be able to locate any officer, director, manager, authorized representative, or general partner associated with any given business in the state of Florida using the SunBiz search tool
- Forms are free to download and the Adobe´s Acrobat Reader program will be required
- Any fees being paid via check or money order should be made out to Florida Department of State
- Most documents can only be faxed if the user has a SUNBIZ electronic filing account
- To apply for a SUNBIZ electronic filing account please dial (850) 245-6939
- Images of documents can be obtained dating all the way back to 1996
- Copies of documents not available on the SunBiz website must be made in writing and will come with a fee
- Photocopies of documents will be charged per page and are available as walk in only
All document requests via mail should be sent to: Certification Section, Division of Corporations, P.O. Box 6327, Tallahassee, FL 32314.