My Tax Collector
- Pay San Bernardino County property taxes online
- Property taxes can be paid online using Visa, American Express, MasterCard, Discover or using an electronic check
Please note when making a payment using an electronic check the customer will need the bank account and routing number associated with the checking account. The My Tax Collector service is designed for both individuals and businesses in the county of San Bernardino.
Tax Collector Lore
- The San Bernardino Auditor-Controller/ Treasurer/ Tax Collector is the elected official who is responsible for determining property tax rates and bill amounts, the administration of the County Investment Pool, and the collection of all property tax bills in the County
- Any questions about what the taxes are used for can be directed to (909) 387-8307
- The above number can also be dialed for questions about what type of property are subject to taxes in the state of California
- Failure to pay property taxes in time in the state of California will normally result in a 10% penalty of the tax amount owed
- Autos, aircraft, boats and horses are all example of property that is eligible to be taxed in the state
- Occupancy Tax is reported on a quarterly basis
- Hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts in the state of California will be subject to what the state calls a “Transient Occupancy Tax”
- Taxes generate more than 2 billion US dollars for the state according to the elected officials in the state of California (if they are to be believed)
Any residents in San Bernardino County who would rather pay their property tax bill by mail can send it to: Treasurer-Tax Collector, 172 West 3rd Street, San Bernardino, CA 92415. Paying a bill by mail comes with no additional charge besides the cost of the stamp. PLEASE NOTE paying a bill online via credit card will carry a hefty fee of .00 for every increment of 0.00 (This fee is not developed by the state of California but rather an outside agency that processes the credit card payments).