McAfee Williamson Settlement
- Obtain more details in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Williamson v. McAfee, Inc.
which is case number 14 cv 158 EJD
- The lawsuit is pending in the DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
- Proof of purchase is needed in order to file a claim and expert close the case predict that each class member who files a valid claim will receive around .50
- McAfee (like any class action defendant) denies doing anything wrong, but has agreed to settle to avoid long drawn out trial
- The settlement affects two classes of McAfee customers
McAfeeWilliamsonSettlement.com class members claim that McAfee violated a variety of California statutes and common law addressing the process of auto-renewal practices and the way they ran advertisements of discounts and reference prices. Class members do not have to hire a lawyer as the Northern Disctrict Court of California has assigned Michael W. Sobol, Roger N. Heller, Daniel M. Hattis, and Daniel M. Hattis to represent all class members. Class members who would like to hire their own lawyer may do so but at their own expense. Class members have agreed to pay the lawyers 2.4 million dollars from the settlement fund. Any questions about the case can be directed to McAfee Williamson Settlement 1801 Market Street, Suite 660 Philadelphia, PA 19103 or by email at info@McAfeeWilliamsonSettlement.com or by phone toll free 1-844-343-1478. Those who have already file a claim but have moved to a new mailing address need to email Payments@mcafeeWilliamsonSettlement.com ASAP informing the class admin about the change of address.
- The court granted approval on February 3, 2017
- The deadline to FILE A CLAIM is listed as 12/23/17 (see #2 in references below for claim form)
- The two class action lawsuits included in the proposed settlement are: (1) Williamson v. McAfee, Inc., Case No. 14-cv-158-EJD (N.D. Cal.); and (2) Kirby v. McAfee, Inc., Case No. 14-cv-2475-EJD (N.D. Cal.) (collectively, the “Litigation”)