Department Store TCPA Settlement
- Another run of the mill lawsuit over the way that Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s used automated calls to collect debts from customers credit card accounts
- Class members are considered anyone who between September 3, 2009 and July 22, 2015 received an automated call in regards to a debt owed on a Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s credit card
- A total settlement fund of ,500,000 has been set aside to cover claims associated with the settlement
The lead plaintiff Ameer A. Hashw claims that the shopping retailers violated with Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. § 227, et seq. when using an automated dialer to collect a debt. Many people feel like companies should be able to use any means method to collect a debt from a low life scum bag who refused to pay what they owe… obviously the United States District Court feels differently.
Department Stores National Bank and FDS Bank Lawsuit Notes
- The deadline to file a claim in the Department Store TCPA Settlement is listed as December 29, 2015
- Claims can be filed online at the Department Store TCPA Settlement page or by mail
- The United States District Court at 772 Federal Building, 316 North Robert Street, Courtroom 7A, St. Paul, MN 55101 will hold a fairness hearing on February 26, 2016 at 9am sharp to determine of the ,500,000 settlement amount is adequate
- In order to speak at the hearing a class members must write in to request permission
Many consumers feel it is about to change the law in regards to the use of automated dialing machines when a debt is owed to a company… until then we are most likely to see more lawsuits similar to the Department Store TCPA Settlement.
Anyone looking to exclude themselves from the case must write to: Department Store TCPA Settlement c/o Heffler Claims Group P.O. Box 290 Philadelphia, PA 19105-0290. Any general questions should be directed to 1-844-491-5743 and NOT one of the shopping retailers. The lead lawyer represented the class members is one Alexander H. Burke who works for the notorious Burke Law Offices, LLC who are based at 155 N. Michigan Ave., Ste. 9020 Chicago, Il 60601.