Data Breach Settlement
- Obtain all the money grabbing details associated with the class action lawsuit entitled In re: Anthem Inc. Data Breach Litigation, which is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- This class action lawsuit is listed as Case No. 5:15-md-02617-LHK
- Anthem Inc. has agreed to pay 5 million US Dollars in order to settle the case and avoid any further litigation
DataBreachSettlement.com is adminstered by KCC LLC. Class members in the case contend that Anthem (and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and certain Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies) did not adequately safeguard consumers’ personal information in regards to a cyber attack that exposed personal information of 79 million people. This “information” is defined as names, dates of birth, Social Security numbers, health care ID numbers, home addresses, email addresses and employment information. Anthem Inc. denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid the unknown expense of a trial.
- Claim forms are due by 1/29/18 for those looking to make a claim in regards to credit monitoring services or alternative compensation
- Claim forms are due by 2/1/2019 (estimated) for those looking to make a claim for out-of-pocket costs
- A fairness shearing will take place on 2/1/18
- Do not fear… class members are not required to attend the hearing in order to receive a slice of the 5,000,000 settlement pie 🙂
DateBreachSettlement.com Contact Info
- Mail: In re: Anthem Inc. Data Breach Litigation, c/o KCC LLC, P.O. Box 404012, Louisville, KY 40233-9821
- Phone: 1-855-636-6136
- Email: Not found
Class members who file timely claims will be represented by Eve Cervantez from ALTSHULER BERZON LLP, Andrew N. Friedman from COHEN MILSTEIN SELLERS & TOLL PLLC, Michael W. Sobol from LIEFF CABRASER HEIMANN & BERNSTEIN LLP, and Eric Gibbs from GIRARD GIBBS LLP.
Anthem Inc. has hired the international law firm of Hogan Lovells US LLP to represent their interest in court. Hogan Lovells US LLP have an office based in Washington DC at 555 13th St NW, Washington, DC 20004.