Church And Dwight Settlement
- A class action lawsuit page that revolves around Arm & Hammer marketing their deodorant as ”Natural Deodorant” or “Natural Protection”
- Class members contend that they were misled as the deodorant was not anywhere close to being “natural”
The case is entitled Trewin v. Church & Dwight Co. Inc and is case number 3:12-cv-01475. The District Court for the District of New Jersey has approved a total settlement pool of 1.5 million US Dollars. Class member of the Arm & Hammer Essentials Deodorant Class Action Lawsuit will have until September 2, 2015 to file a claim.
“Natural” Deodorant Lawsuit/Settlement Notes
- Approved class members without receipt will receive a flat payment
- Class members with receipts are allowed to submit as many claims as they have receipts for Arm & Hammer Essentials “Natural” Deodorant
- The settlement payout is not allowed to exceed ,500,000
- Claim forms by mail can be sent to: P.O. Box 230 600 N. Jackson Street, Suite 3 Media, PA 19063
- Questions about the Church And Dwight Settlement lawsuit can be directed to 1-866-274-4004 info@ChurchandDwightSettlement.com
- Please allow 24 hours for a response via email
The settlement revolves around the claim that Arm & Hammer attempted to market a “natural” deodorant to consumers when not all the ingredients in the deodorant were all natural (making an all natural deodorant is very hard and they usually don’t mask odor very well).
Arm & Hammer Business Lore
- Old world household product manufacturer
- Founded in 1867
- Is known for their iconic Arm with a Hammer logo
Arm & Hammer has been around for years and are most known for their baking soda. Consumers use their baking soda for just about everything to include cooking, cleaning the carpet or clothes and curing a tummy ache. Besides baking soda the firm also profits from toothpaste, laundry detergent, underarm deodorant, and cat litter.