Auto Air Bag Settlement
- Check an auto VIN number in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled In Re: Takata Airbag Products Liability Litigation
- AutoAirBagSettlement.com is listed as Master Case Number 1:15-MD-02599-FAM
- The Court that has jurisdiction of the case has preliminarily approved the settlements on June 9, 2017 and issued preliminary approval orders that were docketed on June 12, 2017
AutoAirBagSettlement.com is available in both English or Spanish and any questions about the website can be directed to 1-888-735-5596. Class members in the case contend that certain auto manufactures (BMW, Mazda, Subaru, and Toyota) manufactured, distributed, or sold certain vehicles containing allegedly defective inflators manufactured by Takata Corporation and TK Holdings, Inc. that allegedly could, upon deployment, rupture and expel debris or shrapnel into the occupant compartment and/or otherwise affect the airbag’s deployment, and that the Plaintiffs sustained economic losses as a result. The fairness hearing will take place at the United States District Courthouse, Southern District of Florida on 10/25/17. Class members are not required to attend this bothersome hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie. Weird class members who want to attend the fairness hearing will have to show up at 400 North Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33128 at around 2 pm ET. Auto Air Bag Settlement class members who would like to speak will have to notify the court. Class members will have to let the court know by September 25, 2017 if they wish to speak (most class members will want to simple avoid the fairness hearing altogether and wait to hear what happens).
- Those who would like to object to the settlement will have to write in and provide their full name, telephone number, and address
- The Clerk of the Court for Master Case Number 1:15-MD-02599-FAM is listed as Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. U.S.
- All class members who file timely claims will be represented by Peter Prieto
- All request to attend the fairness hearing must be mailed to: Auto Airbag Settlement Notice Administrator P.O. Box 3207 Portland, OR 97208-3207