AARP Get Started
- Register for an online account with AARP with a member ID number
- Once registered users can find local events (i.e. checker, bingo games, and other things that old people like), print a prescription discount card, and update personal information
- AARP Get Started Registration is Free and should only take a few minutes to complete
Please note besides the AARP Member ID users will also need to provide their name, email address, and date of birth. Those who are already registered for an AARP online account can login with their email address (used at the time of sign up) and password. AARP operates in all 50 states and caters to old people with a lot of time on their hands.
- Created in 1958 by Dr. Ethel Percy Andrus to teach people who to age well
- Based in the United States capital Washington DC
- Was originally founded under the name National Retired Teachers Association
AARP is pretty much a small army of old people claiming they have more than 35 million members. AARP mission statement is as follows: “wants to win back opportunity for those now in crisis, so thousands of vulnerable low-income Americans 50+ can regain their foothold, continue to serve as anchors for their families and communities and ensure that their best life is still within reach.”
How much does a AARP membership cost? 5 years for | 3 years for | or 1 year for
More information about membership can be found at the Join AARP membership page.
What are some of the better benefits associated with membership?
- AARP has partnered with The Hartford to help consumers save up to 0 on Auto Insurance when they switch to The Hartford
- Regal ePremiere tickets only .50 when buying online
- Save 10% with a AARP membership when staying at any Best Western (please be sure to bring the AARP membership card on the trip or the 10% discount will not be allowed)