NJ Consumer Affairs Renew
- Renew a license with the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs
- New Jersey residents can also apply for an initial application, verify a current license, or check the status of a pending license
- All online services associated with the NJ Consumer affairs Renew site are free but there will almost always be a fee associated with a license
Popular license renewal services include the following professions: Home Improvement Contractor, Landscape Architect, Master Plumbers, and Nursing. When using the NJ Consumer Affairs Renew service the user will always be shown the renewal fee (i.e. ), branch renewal fee (if applicable), expiration date of the renewal, and the late fee before they renew their license. Please note it will take 10 to 15 business days to receive most licenses associated with the service.
Other notes in regards to NJ Consumer Affairs Renew
- When applying for a professional license, renewing an existing license, or submitting address changes, the New Jersey resident will be required to create a username and password and associate it to their online records
- Those with a License Number and Registration Code along with an offical renewal letter from the Board only need to complete the renewal letter registration section
- Those without a renewal letter from the Board will complete only the Other Registration section by inputting their Last Name, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth
- Owners of a licensed business or facility will be required to provide business records upon renewal
Any questions about the NJ Consumer Affairs Renew process can be directed to Consumer Service Center Hotline (973) 504-6200 or RenewalApplications@dca.lps.state.nj.us. Any and all questions about a Initial Applications can be directed to InitialApplications@dca.lps.state.nj.us. Those looking to pay the NJ Consumer Affairs head office a visit in person can show up at 124 Halsey Street Newark, New Jersey 07101 between 8 am to 430 pm Monday thru Friday.